Mini Chocolate Ganache Cakes
Feeling stressed? Feeling grumpy? Just want to reward yourself with something scrumptious? There are days when nothing but chocolate will do. On those days, these mini chocolate cakes covered with chocolate icing are just the thing. Indulge! —The Girls at Cameo
Cameo Culinary Club - Mini Chocolate Ganache Cakes
6 ounces chocolate chips, semi-sweet or bittersweet
8 ounces butter
1 ½ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup all purpose flour
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 pinches salt
For the Ganache:
4 ounces chocolate chips
½ cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 36 mini-muffin tins with liners or grease with butter and flour.
- Place chocolate and butter in a double boiler or a bowl placed over a saucepan filled with a couple of inches of water.
- Heat until butter is melted and chocolate starts to melt.
- Remove from heat and whisk until smooth, placing back on the heat, if necessary.
- In a separate bowl mix sugar, flour, cornstarch and salt until combined.
- In two batches, add dry ingredients to chocolate mixture.
- Add eggs 2 at a time and mix until just combined; do not over mix.
- Fill muffin cups three quarters of the way full.
- Bake until the cakes just start to crack on top, about 12-15 minutes.
- Let them cool completely before dipping in ganache.
- Heat chocolate and cream in a double boiler and whisk until smooth.
- Dip mini-cakes in ganache and shake off any excess. Let sit one hour before serving.